Sunday, October 23, 2011

Money can definitely be the root of evil.

I do elder care for the sweetest and funny lady I've ever known, and believe me I've known a few.  For some reason God keeps putting me in a caregiver role for elderly and or incapacitated people.  It isn't something I ever thought I'd do but I am good at it and I have come to love her and we have fun.  She was just recently widowed but she has a very large family.  She has enough children to field a baseball team.  They in turn have children and grandchildren.  This is where the trouble starts.
With the passing of their grandfather, one of them has determined that grandmother would not miss half a jar of quarters, maybe she doesn't even know about this jar, and with a scapegoat (me) in the home for quite a few hours each day, the money (cash) left for the cleaning lady, is easy pickings.  Well this has caused quite a problem for me.  Most everyone believes I had nothing to do with the disappearance of any of this money.  However, the grandchild's mother would rather believe I was the one who took this money rather than acknowledge that there is a possibility her own child had absolute equal opportunity to take the money.  She has become cold and almost rude to me.  If I didn't care about my "lady" I could/would easily walk away from this whole situation.  I do not like to be subjected to the suspicion of theft and feel very uncomfortable being at her house especially if this particular grandchild does come to the house without supervision.  Mind you this grandchild is over 20 yrs old. 
I have been trusted with the keys to various homes with full access to all belongings and high dollar stuff at that.  I would NEVER consider taking anything nor go through their personal things just to look.  I have been known to drink a soda but I always let them know and sometimes replace it.
I'm/we are not rich and don't ever expect to be but I live a comfortable life with my husband, 5 cats, and 2 dogs.  Our home is falling apart but the bad spots are being fixed one at a time.  The best I can say about it is that it is ours and paid for free and clear! No more mortgage payments! Sure, it is a mobile home on two lots but as I said, we own it.  I have no need or desire to steal anyone's money or belongings.
I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the a fore mentioned situation other than I'm just going to let God take care of it.  He can perform miracles so this is just a bump it the road of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment